Chair and Board Members
Youth Advisory Board Members
The Youth Advisory Board (YAB) serves as a liaison to the Early Music America Board and advises the board on issues and projects of EMA. EMA would like the Youth Advisory Board to provide insight on attracting and retaining members in their demographic.
- The committee will consist of 7 members.
- First term members of the YAB should be between the age of 18-28.
- Members will serve a 2-year term, renewable once, as long as they remain under the age of 32.
- A chair of the YAB committee must be selected.
- While EMA will provide YAB with agenda items, the YAB is encouraged to add to that agenda.
- YAB will hold conference calls quarterly and submit minutes from those calls to the Executive Director of EMA.
- To be a YAB member in good standing, you must attend three out of the four conference calls and actively participate in a YAB project as selected by the YAB committee.
- YAB members are encouraged to participate in EMA Board Committees in addition to their work on the YAB Board.
- YAB members are encouraged and invited to attend EMA’s Board of Directors meetings held in June and Jan/Feb each year. The Executive Director of EMA will let you know specific dates. There is a small travel subsidy budget available to YAB members to defray the costs of travel to the board meeting. Contact the Executive Director of EMA with questions about the subsidy. EMA typically gets a hotel group rate for its board meetings and YAB members may make use of that as well.