- This event has passed.
A Tafelmusik Christmas
November 26 @ 8:00 pm - 9:30 pm EST
One event on November 26, 2021 at 8:00 pm
One event on November 27, 2021 at 2:00 pm
One event on December 16, 2021 at 8:00 pm
Ivars Taurins director
Tafelmusik Chamber Choir
Live Performances at Jeanne Lamon Hall, Trinity-St. Paul’s Centre (physically distanced seating)
- Thursday, November 25 & Friday, 26, 2021 at 8pm *
- Saturday, November 27 at 2pm
*November 25 & 26 performances will be filmed and may have some obstructed seats due to camera crews
- Thursday, December 16, 2021 8pm ET
Peace, joy, merriment, and hope — Christmas wouldn’t be the same without Tafelmusik!
Curated by Ivars Taurins, this festive program spanning two centuries reunites members of the choir and orchestra for the first time in 2021 — a perfect way to launch the 40th anniversary season of Tafelmusik Chamber Choir.
A selection of sparkling choruses from Handel’s Messiah and richly harmonized baroque arrangements of Christmas carols complement the exuberance of Bach and the elegance of Charpentier. Choral works by Berlioz and Poulenc add depth and dimension, evoking a sense of wonder and tranquillity that is synonymous with the season. Pastoral sinfonias by Stradella and Pasquini balance this program recalling the many moods and emotions of Christmas.
- Digital tickets include a pre-concert chat and extended viewing of up to seven days
- House programs will be sent by email in advance of your concert
- Digital and live concert tickets are subject to a $3 service fee
- Live concert ticket prices are subject to demand, with an additional $1 fee for Will Call pick up
The following ticket types are available for the December 16, 2021 online concert:
- Deluxe: Enjoy up to 7 days of unlimited viewing—from Dec 16, 8pm ET to Dec 23, 7:59pm ET
- Standard: Enjoy up to 48 hours of unlimited viewing—from Dec 16, 8pm EDT to Dec 18, 7:59pm ET
- General: One-time, time-limited access for this concert viewing. Your viewing time will be limited from 8pm to 11pm ET on Dec 16.
DIGITAL SEASON PASSES
Buy a pass today to gain access to these benefits:
- More Tafelmusik– all eight digital concerts
- Easier access– concerts appear in your viewer on premiere day
- On demand viewing– watch whenever you want through to August 31, 2022
- Priority access to live concert tickets– when announced
WHAT TO EXPECT from a Digital Concert
Whether you’re returning or joining us for the very first time, here’s what you can expect from Tafelmusik’s digital concert experience:
- High-resolution video and audio
- A digital Pre-Concert Chat to learn more about the music and artists featured
- A digital House Program with repertoire and program notes
- See the orchestra members and their instruments up-close and personal
- Watch on any compatible browser—or, connect or cast to your television
WHAT TO EXPECT from a Live Concert
Here’s what you can expect from your in-person concert experience:
- Safety as our top priority: requirements include proof of vaccination, masking and physically distanced seating
- Signs to help you find your way and keep you safe
- Helpful and informed Front of House staff
- Programs sent in advance by email and available by QR code at the concert
- Fantastic acoustics and beautiful music!
Johann Sebastian Bach Sanctus in D Major
J.S. Bach Christum wir sollen loben schon, from Cantata 21
J.S. Bach Kyrie, Gloria & Cum sancto, from Lutheran Mass in G Major
Alessandro Stradella Sinfonia from Cantata per il Santissimo Natale
Marc-Antoine Charpentier Messe de minuit: Agnus Dei
Hector Berlioz The farewell of the shepherds, from L’Enfance du Christ
Francis Poulenc Videntes stellam
Bernardo Pasquini Introduzione & Pastorale (arranged)
George Frideric Handel Choruses from Messiah
Arrangements of traditional carols
The EMA Member Concerts & Events Calendar is for time-sensitive events, such as in-person concerts, livestreaming performances or video premieres, and live online events such as webinars. Videos available on-demand (temporarily or permanently) should not be submitted as multi-day events. Please submit Early Music News & Press Releases about these or other activities.
Highlights from this calendar are included in the weekly E-Notes email newsletter (Tuesdays). Selections are made based on variety of event types and geographic regions.
EMA does not share non-EMA events on our social media platforms.