The EMA Member Concerts & Events Calendar is for time-sensitive events, such as in-person concerts, livestreaming performances or video premieres, and live online events such as webinars. Videos available on-demand (temporarily or permanently) should not be submitted as multi-day or recurring events. Information about on-demand viewing periods are welcome as community news and press releases.
- This event has passed.
La Passione: Haydn & Mozart
February 12 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm EST
Whet your appetite for the classical stylings of Mozart and Haydn with violinist and director Rachel Podger.
“There is probably no more inspirational musician working today” says Gramophone about violinist Rachel Podger, whose sparkling Tafelmusik debut more than a decade ago left a lasting impression on our musicians and audiences alike. Podger makes her long-awaited return as soloist and director in a program of classical symphonies and concertos by Mozart, Haydn, and their contemporaries.
Our award-winning recordings of Haydn symphonies are widely admired, and this concert is anchored by one of the most dramatic, Symphony no 49. Nicknamed “La Passione,” the work epitomizes the Sturm und Drang style, a precursor to romanticism. Smouldering with intensity, Haydn’s symphony offers early glimmers of the romantic style that would eventually flourish decades later.
What to expect from concerts at Jeanne Lamon Hall:
- Courteous and knowledgeable Front of House and Box Office staff to help you along your way
- A digital house program sent one week in advance, plus a concert handout with key details
- A digital pre-concert chat featuring Tafelmusik musicians and guest artists, sent one week in advance so you can watch before your show
- An up-to-date health and safety policy, which you can also find here
- A 30 minute intermission with concessions available
- The very best of baroque and beyond in a setting like no other!
The EMA Member Concerts & Events Calendar is for time-sensitive events, such as in-person concerts, livestreaming performances or video premieres, and live online events such as webinars. Videos available on-demand (temporarily or permanently) should not be submitted as multi-day events. Please submit Early Music News & Press Releases about these or other activities.
Highlights from this calendar are included in the weekly E-Notes email newsletter (Tuesdays). Selections are made based on variety of event types and geographic regions.
EMA does not share non-EMA events on our social media platforms.