Telemann’s Sublime Strings: Carla’s Podium
March 16, 2024 @ 7:30 pm - 9:30 pm EDT$36 – $71
To celebrate PBO’s abundance of talent, each season will now feature a program curated by an orchestra member. First up is our esteemed leader, Carla Moore, in a concert that delves into Georg Philipp Telemann’s vast musical cupboard. We explore a kaleidoscope of textures and styles, from the musings of solo lute to a declamatory overture for the full cohort of strings. Further contrast abounds with French and Italian works by two of Telemann’s likely influencers, Joseph Bodin de Boismortier and Francesco Durante.
- Georg Philipp Telemann Overture-Suite in A Minor for Strings and Basso Continuo
- Joseph Bodin de Boismortier Sonata No. 6 in C Major for Two Violoncellos, Opus 14, No. 6
- G. P. Telemann Concerto for Two Violas in G Major
- G. P. Telemann Concerto for Four Violins in D Major
- Francesco Durante Concerto No. 8 in A Major, La Pazzia
The EMA Member Concerts & Events Calendar is for time-sensitive events, such as in-person concerts, livestreaming performances or video premieres, and live online events such as webinars. Events hosted by organizations/ensembles should be posted from an EMA Organization Member account. Videos available on-demand (temporarily or permanently) should not be submitted as multi-day events. Please submit Early Music News & Press Releases about these or other activities.
Highlights from this calendar are included in the weekly E-Notes email newsletter (Tuesdays). Selections are made based on variety of event types and geographic regions.
EMA does not share non-EMA events on our social media platforms.