Early Instrument Exchange
A place for musicians in North America to buy and sell period instruments.
2007 Baroque flute: 4-part Naust by Fridtjof Aurin in stained boxwood with centers for 415 and 400.
Asking price: $1,400 email@example.com
Leslie Ross bass dulcian a=440. Excellent condition. About 10 years old.
Asking price: $2300 firstname.lastname@example.org
Recorders: Consort soprano, 2 Mollenhauer altos, German Schneider tenor. Good condition in original 1960’s-70’s boxes, all wooden.
Asking price: All four $85 email@example.com
Unfretted table clavichord,C-e’’’, Robert Goble, 1974 Oxford, in excellent condition with walnut case.
Asking price: $4,000 firstname.lastname@example.org
5-string Baroque Cello, after Montagnana + custom padded bag. String length 26 5/8 inches (677mm), back 29 3/4 inch (756mm). Tuned either: e(d) A D G C, or A D G C (GG/FF). Conversion by luthier Devin Hough, Davis, California. Detachable wooden end-pin after Praetorius.
Asking price: $5,250 email@example.com
2009 baroque violin Stradivarius copy made by Warren Ellison Played since 2012. Nice volume and rich, clear tone. Comes with Chinese bow and blue Gewa case.
Asking Price $7500 obo. firstname.lastname@example.org
Klop continuo organ made in 2007. Single rank of wooden pipes; range C2 to F6. 415-440 transposing keyboard.
Asking Price $24,000 email@example.com
Dulcian by Otto Fleischmann (Bernhard Klebel's Musica Antiqua Wien) 1976: handmade in Vienna. In original lined fitted hard case. Needs cleaning and fussing over.
Asking Price: $1500 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Postings are limited to period instruments (both historical instruments and modern reproductions) and not modern instruments.
- Postings will be removed 30 days after the initial listing. To extend your listing, please contact EMA via the email below.
New submissions should include:
- Short Instrument Type/Description (limited to one sentence.)
- Initial asking price
- Contact Email Address
Please email submissions to email@example.com
- For more details and photos of instruments, please contact the seller using the listed email.
- Caveat emptor - let the buyer beware. Early Music America is not responsible for transactions initiated through this page.
- Facebook users may also find our group "Used Baroque and Early Music Instruments North America" helpful.