Early Music America offers scholarships to performers at all levels of experience to support attendance at early music workshops in the United States and Canada.
2019 Scholarship Recipients
- Early Music America membership is required of all applicants.
- Historical performance students qualify for a one-year complimentary student membership. If you are unsure of your membership status, please contact EMA.
- 2019 Annual Workshop Scholarship recipients will be eligible to apply again in 2021.
Materials to be Submitted
- Contact Information
- Education Information
- Workshop Information
- Personal Essay
- One Letter of Recommendation
- Music Selections
- List of Works Performed
Application Instructions and Information
- Completed online application forms must be submitted by Monday, April 6, 2020 at 11:59 PM ET.
- One letter of recommendation must be submitted by Friday, April 10, 2020 at 11:59 PM ET.
- If you are applying for multiple workshops, you must submit a separate application for each workshop.
While the monetary amounts of these scholarships are set between $750-$1250, the number of scholarships awarded will be determined by the judges based on the applicant pool received.
Award announcements will be made by Friday, May 1, 2020.
Questions may be sent to EMA at email@example.com.
We highly encourage you to submit your application several days prior to the deadline, so we can resolve any issues in a timely matter. We will not be able to accept any applications after the deadline has passed.
The Workshops listed below represent the types of North American pre-professional and professional workshops suitable for Workshop Scholarship applicants. This is not exhaustive list, and applicants should contact EMA with questions about the suitability of the proposed workshop.
Amherst Early Music – Various programs
American Bach Soloists ACADEMY
Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity – Evolution of the String Quartet
Carmel Bach Festival
Domaine Forget Academy – Chamber Orchestra and Continuo
Early Music in Motion Workshops (Double-Reed, Hurdy-Gurdy, and Sackbut)
Heifetz Baroque Vocal Workshop
Oberlin Baroque Performance Institute
Oregon Bach Festival Berwick Academy
Seraphic Fire Professional Choral Institute
Singing Gregorian Chant and Renaissance Polyphony – New York City
Summer Baroque Academy for Instrumentalists – British Columbia
Tafelmusik Baroque Summer Institute
University of Michigan Early Keyboard Institute
Valley of the Moon Festival Apprenticeship
Gemma Goday Díaz-Corralejo
Liz Vivian Loayaza Herrera
Aryeh Nussbaum Cohen
Lucy Fitz Gibbon
Maria Jose Romero
Salome Sandoval McNutt
James Augustine “Gus” Mercante
Yulia Van Doren