Young Performers Festival Application
2) Although the term “early music” is used in different ways at different institutions, for the purposes of this Festival it is used to denote an ensemble that fits the following criteria:
– The ensemble devotes its attention primarily to music before ca. 1750.
– The ensemble gives attention to matters of historical performance.
– Where instrumental performance is involved, the ensemble performs on period instruments OR is working towards the goal of using a period-instrument based group.
3) The majority of participants must be students enrolled at the ensemble’s home institution. The ensemble may include non-student community participants and/or faculty members as well, as long as they are less than one-third of the members in the ensemble.
4) Either the director of the ensemble or the school must be a member of EMA prior to the application deadline. Please ensure your membership is current at the time of submission.
1) Contact Information
2) Ensemble Information that includes the following:
- A title and brief description of the Festival performance to be funded
- Number of students in the ensemble
- Number of community members in the ensemble
- A brief description of the activities of the early music ensemble and its place within its institution
3) Three recent concert programs
4) Performance recordings that meet the following requirements:
- A recording of the ensemble from live performances, with a minimum of 10 minutes and no longer than 30 minutes of total audio and/or video files.
- The recorded examples need not feature the exact same performers (it is assumed that student ensembles change somewhat in their membership from year to year) or the same proposed program, but a substantial number of the performers should be the same, and the performance should represent only the highest of quality recordings.
- Submitted performance recordings should be of the highest video or audio quality possible.
- We will only accept audio or video recordings in the form of links to YouTube or another internet hosting/streaming site.
- Recordings can be multiple short selections or one long selection.
- List the pieces performed in the submitted recording(s)
The application process is now closed. Please check back in September 2019 for information about the 2020 Festival.