Updated: 10:37 ET, April 1, 2020
We appreciate that there is a great deal of uncertainty around the spread of the coronavirus COVID-19 right now, and that most, if not all, of your early music events may be postponed or cancelled. This is a rapidly changing situation, and recommended actions may be highly specific to your location. We will continue to update the resources on this page. You can also comment in the discussion at the bottom of this page with other resources that may be helpful to the community.
- Apply for or donate to the EMA Relief Fund (donations open; applications currently closed)
- Please complete this SHORT survey to help EMA assess the needs of the early music community.
- Please post updates about your experiences, cancellations, online performances, and more using our News & Press Release form.
- Find or list early music instruction online.
- Please edit any EMA Concert Calendar events to indicate that your event is cancelled or postponed (or ask us to do so)
- NEW – Find or propose an EMA Online Interest Session
- Please consider sharing one of your recordings on our Early Music Calendar so we can celebrate your work.
- Do share your concerns with us, so that we can try to help.
- To help stop the spread of misinformation, visit CDC’s webpage: Share Facts About COVID-19
- Monitor the global situation and ensure you are set up to receive updates from your local state and local public health authorities.
- Decide whether to continue with your rehearsal and performance plans and how to communicate with your subscribers/ticket buyers regarding ticket exchanges if you cancel or postpone. If you go ahead, ask those who are not feeling well to stay home. If you cancel, encourage them to convert their ticket purchase to a donation or exchange their tickets for a future performance.
- Here is an excellent guide to messaging during a time of crisis.
- American Recorder Society Relief Fund
- Early Music Freelancers Relief Fund
- GRAMMY COVID-19 Relief Fund
- Boston Establishes Artists Release Fund in Response to Coronavirus
- New Mexico Musicians Relief Fund Amid COVID-19
- Musicians Foundation application for assistance
- Equal Sound Corona Relief Fund
- Artist Relief Tree
- Cancelled gigs due to coronavirus? Here’s what you can do.
- What to do if your choir concert gets cancelled (a good resource applicable across performance types)
- Arts Organizations Are Heading Into a Crisis. A Few Things Might Mitigate the Disaster.
- Unsung Heroes of COVID-19
- Flipgrid – an alternative to Skype lessons
- National Association of Teachers of Singing (NATS) emergency NATS Chat Topic: Calming the Coronavirus Crisis and Taking Your Teaching Online
- Zoom Basics for Applied Lessons – Settings and Tips (Bare Bones)
- Learn how to use Zoom in 5 minutes for small groups
- Art is Alive: Connecting Fans to Artists in a Stay-at-Home Climate
- Colloquium: Music Scholarship at a Distance
- National Association of Music Educators (NAfME) COVID-19 Resources and News
- COVID Freelance Artist Resources
- Arts Ready Information During the Impact of the Coronavirus
- Amherst Early Music offering online workshops
- Expect the Unexpected: How to Cancel an Event You’ve Organized