EMM Partner Toolkit
Resources to help you make Early Music Month a success. We continue to add to this toolkit, so please check back for more as Early Music Month approaches. If you have suggestions for materials, let us know!
EMA will award up to (8) mini-grants of $250 to individuals or organizations for projects to be held in North America as part of Early Music Month in March 2019. Successful projects will seek to expand the reach of early music in your community. Early Music America welcomes and encourages creativity in this process.
Recipients will be announced on Monday, January 21, 2019. Grants will be disbursed in February.
Expanding Your Reach Through Early Music Month
Join us on Monday, January 21 at 1:00 pm US Eastern for this FREE webinar featuring a panel of organizers who will share their experience planning Early Music Month events and help you reach out to new and diverse groups within your community. Information for how to participate will be available at the beginning of January.
There are many ways to celebrate Early Music Month, below you will find just a few ideas to spur your imagination!
- Use #EarlyMusicMonth when discussing early music online throughout March
- Change your social media profile image in honor of Early Music Month
- Add an Early Music Month badge to your Facebook or Twitter profile picture. (Badge available at the beginning of March.)
- Make a donation to an early music organization in honor of Early Music Month
- Contact your local media outlets, early music organizations, or institutions, and ask them to observe Early Music Month
Ensembles and Performers
- Dedicate a concert in March to Early Music Month
- Host a meet the instruments session
- Hold a masterclass
- Dedicate an hour, day, week, or the entire month of March to Early Music Month
- Feature early music in programming, articles, or other materials
- Interview and feature members of the early music community in your area
Academic Institutions and Scholars
- Host a conference, workshop, or lecture on an early music-related topic
- Feature your research or courses that highlight early music
What EMA will do
What will EMA do for you?
Throughout March, and as it approaches, be sure to keep Early Music America up-to-date with what you are doing to celebrate Early Music Month!
After posting content to your own site and social media using the hashtag #EarlyMusicMonth, submit your information using the submission form found on the Early Music Month homepage, and we'll help promote you:
- On EMA's website, including front page features in our News section and in our list of Early Music Month partners.
- In our E-Notes Weekly publication, which is emailed to more than 6,000 subscribers every week.
- Through our social media pages, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- On our Early Music Month Events Calendar, which will be featured throughout March.