Chair and Board Members
Emerging Professionals Leadership Council Members
Derek Tam, EPLC Chair
The Emerging Professional Leadership Council (EPLC) works alongside the board of Early Music America to support and advocate for the next generation of early music professionals, performers, and patrons in North America.
- The committee will consist of 7 members.
- First-term members of the EPLC should be between the age of 18-28.
- Members will serve a 2-year term, renewable once, as long as they remain under the age of 32.
- A chair of the EPLCcommittee must be selected.
- While EMA will provide EPLC with agenda items, the YAB is encouraged to add to that agenda.
- EPLC will hold conference calls quarterly and submit minutes from those calls to the Executive Director of EMA.
- To be an EPLC member in good standing, you must attend three out of the four conference calls and actively participate in an EPLC project as selected by EPLC.
- EPLC members are encouraged to participate in EMA Board Committees in addition to their work on EPLC.
- EPLC members are encouraged and invited to attend EMA’s Board of Directors meetings held in June and Jan/Feb each year. The Executive Director of EMA will let you know specific dates. There is a small travel subsidy budget available to EPLC members to defray the costs of travel to the board meeting. Contact the Executive Director of EMA with questions about the subsidy. EMA typically gets a hotel group rate for its board meetings and EPLC members may make use of that as well.
Thank you for your interest in EMA's Emerging Professionals Leadership Council. We are no longer accepting applications for this year. Please check back in June 2018 to apply.