Featured News Slide
Banner Carousel 2
Main News Block List
“You have to be careful not to undermine the orchestra. But also in a very short space of time, you want them to sound good.” Bicket shared what’s in his “little box of tricks” to help musicians in modern orchestras sound period perfect.
“Ideally, we would like to be able to digitalize the museum’s entire collection of historical musical instruments and place the 3D images online. Our examination standard defines the best way to go about this task,” explained Fraunhofer’s Theobald Fuchs, who leads the project.
Shirley A. Mathews, a noted harpsichordist and former Peabody Conservatory of Music teacher who served as artistic director of Pro Musica Rara for 17 years, died Sept. 30 of complications from Parkinson’s disease at her home in Freeport, Maine.
My experience at TBSI gave me insight as to just how totally fun ensemble playing can be when you are working with musicians who share your passion and love for the music. I came away from the institute feeling inspired and encouraged to move forward with my efforts to continue my education and trai …
Published annually, Historical Performance is a new, peer-reviewed journal that focuses on the practical, performance side of musicological research.
- October 18 @ 8:00 pm - 10:00 pm Ft Washington Collegiate Church
- December 8 @ 7:30 pm - 9:30 pm National Centre for Early Music
- December 9 @ 10:30 am - 4:30 pm St Deny’s Church
- October 21 St. George’s Episcopal Church
- October 29 @ 2:00 pm - November 4 @ 12:00 pm Hidden Valley Institute of the Arts
- November 5 @ 2:00 pm - November 11 @ 12:00 pm Hidden Valley Institute of the Arts