Featured News Slide
Main News Block List
For a while now I have been looking for ways to help musicians develop the kind of musical understanding which might help them in non-solo repertoire, and this has led to a number of questions.
When the Boston Early Music Festival needed advice on how to revive the French Baroque opera Le Carnaval de Venise for its 2017 season, the artistic directors turned to Cornell musicologist Rebecca Harris-Warrick.
EMA is very pleased to announce the recipients of the 2017 EMA Annual Awards. The winners will be honored at EMA’s Annual Meeting and Awards Ceremony on Friday, June 16, 4:30 pm in Boston, MA.
Houle built the early-music program at Stanford University and guided several generations of performers and scholars. He believed it was necessary to understand the rhythms of Renaissance and Baroque dances in order to play them well.
Want to share a New Release with the community?
Use Our Recording Submission Form!
Want your Book or CD reviewed by EMA?
Submit It for Consideration
- April 24 @ 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm Mary Chapel, Mt. St. Mary’s University
- April 25 @ 7:30 pm - 8:30 pm|Recurring Event (See all)Every week until June 13, 2017
- April 26 @ 8:00 pm UC Irvine, Winifred Smith Hall
- April 26 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pmCentro Cultural Banco do Brasil|Recurring Event (See all)Every 0 days until April 29, 2017
- May 1 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pmtba|Recurring Event (See all)Every 0 days until May 4, 2017
- May 6 - May 14 Baroque Workshop & Festival