Featured News Slide
Main News Block List
The musical palette for the Dec. 3 program includes chant-inspired works by John Tavener, American carols like “Jesus The Apple Tree,” arrangements by Irish composer Michael McGlinn, and Spanish and South American songs.
Russell Oberlin, one of the 20th century’s most celebrated countertenors, whose voice was famed for an earthy robustness that belied the ethereal heights to which it could ascend, died on Friday in Manhattan. He was 88. Critics lauded Mr. Oberlin for his sensitive phrasing, crystalline diction and f …
I was so excited to meet so many great people and great musicians and my time at Conclave was enjoyable and fulfilling. Of course, this is what I expected to experience, and it is what anyone would expect me to write about. But I had another, unexpected experience at Conclave.
Distinctly different from the incident, an object acts like a prism—it reflects, refracts, illuminates a story—and so offers a wide spectrum of possibilities. The object is also not straightforward and is wonderfully chaotic in the way it can be interpreted. Objects carry multiple stories in no part …
If you were to ask a modern musician what the quarter note means in Common Time the answer would be simple: “It lasts for one full beat, to be released at the beginning of the succeeding beat.” Ah, but eighteenth-century rhythm reading is not a simple “one-size-fits-all” affair. Just as spoken langu …
The IBERICA Early Music Festival (formerly based in Boston, MA) continued with its third edition on Saturday September 3rd in Chapel Hill, NC thanks to the generous contribution of its host Dr. Van Quinn and the Chapel of the Cross.
SUBMIT YOUR NEWS, RELEASES, AND MORE TO EMA!
Have an interesting article or information about your organization to share?
Send It to EMA!
Want to share a New Release with the community?
Use Our Recording Submission Form!
Want your Book or CD reviewed by EMA?
Submit It for Consideration
- December 4 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm St. Paul’s Lutheran Church
- December 4 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm Old South Church
- December 4 @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm Historic St. Peter Church
- December 4 @ 8:00 pm - 10:00 pmEmmanuel Church|Recurring Event (See all)Every 0 days until December 4, 2016
- May 6, 2017 - May 14, 2017 Baroque Workshop & Festival
- May 23, 2017 @ 12:00 pm - May 27, 2017 @ 10:00 pm Collier House at the University of Oregon School of Music and Dance
- June 11, 2017 - June 18, 2017 Multiple Venues
- July 9, 2017 - July 23, 2017 Connecticut College
- January 13, 2017 - January 16, 2017 Historic Philadelphia & Rutgers – Camden
- January 22, 2017 @ 1:30 pm - 5:30 pm Arlington Community Church
- February 24, 2017 @ 5:00 pm - February 28, 2017 @ 5:00 pm Hidden Valley Institute of the Arts
- March 3, 2017 - March 5, 2017 Camp Allen