Featured News Slide
From his 12 ‘Paris’ quartets, to his suites, sonatas, concerti and recently rediscovered fantasias for viola da gamba, Telemann’s ability to wear so many different guises and to be such a transformative figure has never been more apparent
It would take at least one, if not several sessions just to be able to figure out the right spacing for the microphones, as the dynamics change drastically to highlight the hysterical rejoicing or lamenting in the compositions.
Roles assigned, costumes fitted, dances learned, songs memorized, and instruments rehearsed – the fifth and sixth grade students at St. George (KS) Elementary School present their Medieval- and-Renaissance-themed program, “A Night in St. George Hall. “
Main News Block List
When the Boston Early Music Festival needed advice on how to revive the French Baroque opera Le Carnaval de Venise for its 2017 season, the artistic directors turned to Cornell musicologist Rebecca Harris-Warrick.
EMA is very pleased to announce the recipients of the 2017 EMA Annual Awards. The winners will be honored at EMA’s Annual Meeting and Awards Ceremony on Friday, June 16, 4:30 pm in Boston, MA.
Houle built the early-music program at Stanford University and guided several generations of performers and scholars. He believed it was necessary to understand the rhythms of Renaissance and Baroque dances in order to play them well.
Norma Gentile is a professional recording artist and singer. Her concerts, workshops and recordings reflect her passion in bringing music from the inaudible realms into the physical world for healing purposes. How did you come to the field of early music? I fell in love with early music in college. …
Advertise with EMA
Want to share a New Release with the community?
Use Our Recording Submission Form!
Want your Book or CD reviewed by EMA?
Submit It for Consideration
- March 25 @ 7:30 am - 9:00 pm Church of the Good Shepherd Watertown
- March 25 @ 2:00 pm German Lutheran Church of St. Paul
- March 25 @ 2:00 pm Dallas Public Library Downton Branch
- March 25 @ 3:00 pm Arts at the Armory
- March 25 @ 8:00 pm - 9:30 pm Basilica of Saint Mary
- March 26 @ 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm Chapel of St. Thomas Aquinas
- April 9 @ 2:00 pm - 3:15 pm Auer Hall
- April 26 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pmCentro Cultural Banco do Brasil|Recurring Event (See all)Every 0 days until April 29, 2017
- March 26 @ 3:00 pm Ball State University
- April 1 St. George’s Episcopal Church
- April 1 @ 1:30 pm - 5:00 pm Presbyterian Church of Chestnut Hill
- May 6 - May 14 Baroque Workshop & Festival