Featured News Slide
Main News Block List
A Far Cry reached the midpoint of its 10th-anniversary season on Jan. 13 at Boston’s Jordan Hall, where the ensemble epitomized execution and programming. The show began in the 12th with an arrangement by Crier violinist Alex Fortes of four items from the Codex Calixtinus.
Good early music ensembles don’t just play with stylistic authenticity, they explore the past and bring back music that has been barely heard, if at all, for hundreds of years. One of the best at this is the young ensemble ACRONYM, which played music by Johann Rosenmüller at a Music Before 1800 conc …
Performances of the oratorio at the Longy School of Music in Cambridge, MA, on Jan. 21 and 22 will be presented by the Longy Early Music Department and the period ensemble Eudaimonia as co-directed by harpsichordist Vivian Montgomery and violinist Julia McKenzie.
Ringing in the new year with old music is a cherished tradition that Boston Baroque and its music director Martin Pearlman began 30 years ago, when the organization was called Banchetto Musicale. This year’s well-chosen New Year’s Day program at Harvard’s Sanders Theater disclosed a pair of concerto …
There are many fine mixed choirs in the Northwest, but far fewer adult treble choirs and men’s choirs. In the category of exclusively non-mixed choirs, two in the Portland area stand out: the male group Male Ensemble Northwest, and the other, heard in their recent holiday concert, In Mulieribus.
Like many of the ensembles that Music Before 1800 invites to perform, the Boston-based Blue Heron enjoys a formidable reputation among early-music ensembles. They’ve earned that reputation for their precision, musical sensitivity, and vibrant tone, from singers and instrumentalists alike.
SUBMIT YOUR NEWS, RELEASES, AND MORE TO EMA!
Have an interesting article or information about your organization to share?
Send It to EMA!
Want to share a New Release with the community?
Use Our Recording Submission Form!
Want your Book or CD reviewed by EMA?
Submit It for Consideration
- January 21 @ 8:00 pm - 10:00 pm National Museum of American Jewish History
- January 21 @ 8:00 pm - 9:30 pm Lindsey Chapel, Emmanuel Church
- January 22 @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm Presbyterian Church of Chestnut Hill
- January 22 @ 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm Eliot Church
- February 10 - February 19 Unnamed Venue
- March 14 @ 7:30 pm - 9:30 pm St James by-the-Sea
- May 6 - May 14 Baroque Workshop & Festival
- May 23 @ 12:00 pm - May 27 @ 10:00 pm Collier House at the University of Oregon School of Music and Dance
- January 22 @ 1:30 pm - 5:30 pm Arlington Community Church
- February 4 St. George’s Episcopal Church
- February 4 @ 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm Music Recital Hall, UC-Santa Cruz
- February 24 @ 5:00 pm - February 28 @ 5:00 pm Hidden Valley Institute of the Arts