Featured News Slide
Main News Block List
EMA is very pleased to announce the recipients of the 2017 EMA Annual Awards. The winners will be honored at EMA’s Annual Meeting and Awards Ceremony on Friday, June 16, 4:30 pm in Boston, MA.
Houle built the early-music program at Stanford University and guided several generations of performers and scholars. He believed it was necessary to understand the rhythms of Renaissance and Baroque dances in order to play them well.
Norma Gentile is a professional recording artist and singer. Her concerts, workshops and recordings reflect her passion in bringing music from the inaudible realms into the physical world for healing purposes. How did you come to the field of early music? I fell in love with early music in college. …
Among Lindeman’s notable achievements was the restoration of the ‘Gould’ Stradivari for the New York Metropolitan Museum of Art in 1975. The work, suggested by Belgian violinist Sigiswald Kuijken, involved the addition of a historically accurate fingerboard and tailpiece, a shorter neck and bass-bar …
Citterio was the unanimous choice of the orchestra and the search committee and immediately becomes music director designate, assuming her role as music director in July 2017. She will take up full time residence in Toronto with her family this summer and open the 2017/18 season with a celebratory p …
Benjamin Bagby, the American-born founder of Sequentia and acclaimed interpreter of his one-man version of “Beowulf,” has been awarded the REMA Early Music Artist Award 2017. He will receive the award March 17 in Basel, Switzerland.
A Far Cry reached the midpoint of its 10th-anniversary season on Jan. 13 at Boston’s Jordan Hall, where the ensemble epitomized execution and programming. The show began in the 12th with an arrangement by Crier violinist Alex Fortes of four items from the Codex Calixtinus.
Advertise with EMA
Want to share a New Release with the community?
Use Our Recording Submission Form!
Want your Book or CD reviewed by EMA?
Submit It for Consideration
- February 25 @ 6:00 pm - February 26 @ 5:30 pm Music Recital Hall, UC-Santa Cruz
- February 26 @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm Music Before 1800
- February 26 @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm St. Stephen’s Episcopal Church
- February 28 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm St. Andrew’s Episcopal
- March 2 - March 9 Unnamed Venue
- March 14 @ 7:30 pm - 9:30 pm St James by-the-Sea
- April 26 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pmCentro Cultural Banco do Brasil|Recurring Event (See all)Every 0 days until April 29, 2017
- May 1 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pmtba|Recurring Event (See all)Every 0 days until May 4, 2017
- February 24 @ 5:00 pm - February 28 @ 5:00 pm Hidden Valley Institute of the Arts
- March 3 - March 5 Camp Allen
- March 11 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- March 17 @ 3:30 pm - 5:00 pm St. Francis by the Sea Episcopal Church