Featured News Slide
Main News Block List
Published annually, Historical Performance is a new, peer-reviewed journal that focuses on the practical, performance side of musicological research.
Musician Alex Opsahl was chosen by the board of directors of Musica Angelica Baroque Orchestra to be their new executive director, the orchestra announced this week.
The Viola da Gamba Society of America (VdGSA), as part of its Consort Loan Program, has generously loaned Dr. Phillip Serna five viols to start a viol consort program at the J.S. Bach Academy of Music – launching this fall.
When Music of the Baroque opens its 47th season Saturday night with Mendelssohn’s oratorio Elijah, it will be the first curtain-raiser in nearly two decades with a new executive director in the house at the Harris Theater.
The highly regarded period-instrument ensemble Tafelmusik Baroque Orchestra has a new music director. Elisa Citterio has stepped into the position formerly held by Jeanne Lamon since 1981.
The Board of Directors of Early Music America would like to welcome Karin Brookes as the new Executive Director.
- September 24 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm First (Scots) Presbyterian Church
- September 24 @ 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm Historic Park-McCullough
- September 24 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm Trinity Presbyterian Church
- December 8 @ 7:30 pm - 9:30 pm National Centre for Early Music
- December 9 @ 10:30 am - 4:30 pm St Deny’s Church
- December 9 @ 11:30 am - 12:30 pm The National Centrefor Early Music
- October 21 St. George’s Episcopal Church
- October 29 @ 2:00 pm - November 4 @ 12:00 pm Hidden Valley Institute of the Arts
- November 4 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm McCain Auditorium, Kansas State University