Your support makes a powerful difference by providing educational and performance opportunities, developing audiences, and recognizing professional achievement.
CASH & RECURRING GIFTS
The simplest and easiest gift is cash gift paid by credit card or bank account payment online, as a one-time gift or a recurring monthly or annual gift, which helps sustain your impact on early music through regular and consistent contributions.
You can also send a personal check to:
Early Music America
801 Vinial Street, Suite 300
Pittsburgh, PA 15212
DONATE A VEHICLE
Early Music America has teamed up with Donate for Charity to make donating your vehicle easy. It’s a win for all: you get a minimum $500 tax deduction (or higher, depending on what your car sells for), and Early Music America receives the net proceeds to support our programs. Whether the vehicle is running or not, Donate For Charity can help process the donation.
You can fill out a simple form, or call Donate For Charity directly at 866.392.4483.
GIVING THROUGH A WILL OR TRUST
Giving through your will or trust offers a way to support Early Music America’s mission while costing you nothing during your lifetime, allowing you to meet your own financial needs.
Include a bequest to Early Music America in your will or trust.
Make your bequest unrestricted or direct it to a specific program of Early Music America.
Indicate a specific amount or a percentage of the balance in your estate or trust.
WHY GIVE A GIFT THROUGH A WILL OR TRUST?
– Your assets remain in your control during your lifetime.
– You can modify your gift to address changing circumstances.
– You can direct your gift to a particular program.
– Under current tax law, the entire amount of your charitable bequest is deductible from your estate for tax purposes.
– Because every donor’s circumstances are unique, discuss the advantages of giving through a will or a trust with your estate planning professional.
Endowed gifts are invested by Early Music America to generate income in perpetuity, providing you with an opportunity to make a lasting impact. An endowed gift can be established with a minimum contribution of $25,000. It can be directed toward one of Early Music America’s existing programs, toward supporting ongoing operating needs, or toward establishing a new named scholarship or grant.
GIFTS OF STOCK
Gifts of appreciated securities, stocks and bonds provide considerable tax advantages when transferred to Early Music America before they are sold.
You transfer appreciated stocks, mutual funds, or bonds you have owned for more than one year to Early Music America.
Early Music America sells your securities and uses the proceeds for its programs.
WHY GIVE STOCK GIFTS?
You receive an immediate income tax deduction for the fair market value of the securities on the date of transfer, no matter what you originally paid for them. You pay no capital gains tax when the stock is sold, so a gift of appreciated stock could be more advantageous to you than a gift of cash.
Details are as follows (Fidelity Investments processes stock contributions as our broker.):
DTC # 0226
Account Title: Early Music America
Account Number: Z71-519146
Early Music America’s EIN#: 13-3318348
If your stock is held by your broker, it may simply be transferred by your broker to Fidelity Investments electronically. In order for us to be able to identify you as the donor, you must instruct your broker to specify your name in the transfer.
GIVING THROUGH AN INSURANCE PLAN
You transfer ownership of a paid-up life insurance policy to Early Music America.
Early Music America elects to cash in the policy now or hold it.
WHY GIVE THROUGH AN INSURANCE PLAN?
– Make a gift using an asset that you and your family no longer need.
– Receive an income tax deduction.
– In some cases, you can use the cash value in your policy to fund a life-income gift, such as a deferred gift annuity.
TAX-SAVING OPPORTUNITY FOR THOSE 70 YEARS & SIX MONTHS OR OLDER
If you are 70½ or older, you can make a gift to EMA using funds transferred from your individual retirement account—without paying taxes on your distributions.
BENEFITS OF AN IRA CHARITABLE ROLLOVER
– Avoid taxes on transfers of up to $100,000(per year) from your IRA to EMA
– Satisfy your required minimum distribution (RMD) for the year
– Reduce your taxable income, even if you do not itemize deductions
– Make a gift that is not subject to the deduction limits on charitable gifts
– Help further the work and mission of EMA
HOW DO I MAKE AN IRA CHARITABLE ROLLOVER GIFT?
– Contact your IRA plan administrator to make a gift from your IRA to EMA.
– Your IRA funds will be directly transferred to EMA to help continue our annual programs.
– Please note that IRA charitable rollover gifts do not qualify for a charitable deduction.
– Please contact Karin Brookes at (412) 642-2778 if you wish for your gift to be used for a specific purpose.
OTHER WAYS TO GIVE!
Support Early Music America
Your support helps us continue to produce impactful programs and activities for the field.
For more information about any of these giving options, please contact us.