Resources to help you make Early Music Month a success. We continue to add to this toolkit, so please check back for more as EMM approaches. If you have suggestions for materials, contact EMA!
Ideas for Early Music Month
There are many ways to celebrate Early Music Month, below you will find just a few ideas to spur your imagination!
- Use #EarlyMusicMonth when discussing early music online throughout March
- Change your social media profile or cover image in honor of Early Music Month.
- Make a donation to an early-music organization in honor of Early Music Month
- Contact local media outlets, early-music organizations, or institutions, and ask them to observe Early Music Month
- Ensembles and Performers
- Dedicate a concert in March to Early Music Month
- Host a “Meet the Instruments” session
- Hold a masterclass
- Media Organizations
- Dedicate an hour, day, week, or the entire month of March to Early Music Month
- Feature early music in programming, articles, or other materials
- Interview and feature members of the early-music community in your area
- Scholars & Academic Institutions
- Host a conference, workshop, or lecture on an early music-related topic
- Feature your research or courses that highlight early music
- Expanding Your Reach Through Early Music Month
- EMA hosted a free webinar featuring a panel of organizers who shared their experience planning Early Music Month events to reach out to new and diverse groups within their community.
What will EMA do for you?
Throughout March, and as it approaches, be sure to keep Early Music America up-to-date with what you are doing to celebrate Early Music Month!
After posting content to your own site and social media using the hashtag #EarlyMusicMonth, submit your information, and we’ll help promote you:
- On EMA’s website, including our News & Reviews section.
- In our E-Notes publication, which is emailed to nearly 4,300 subscribers every week.
- Through our social media pages, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
EMA Members: Be sure to add your Early Music Month events to the Member Concerts & Events Calendar and select “Early Music Month Event” in the categories options.
If you have an outreach project you’d like to organize in March, consider applying for an Early Music Month Mini-Grant to help us support your efforts.