Type of Organization
Performing Ensemble, Presenter
Musica Matrix was founded in 2016 by Pat O'Scannell, director of and performer in the Early Music program at the Oregon Shakespeare Festival from 1980-2007. The mission of the non-profit is to 'Bring History to Life Through Music', by producing concerts both concerts by local performers of historic music and by well known aftists from outside the area. Concerts are free and open to the public. We have been on hiatus since Covid.
Musica Matrix Concerts: (2016-Present) Reflections, Dowland's First Book of Songs Pat O'Scannell mezzo & James Bishop Edwards, lute, Come Again, Sweet Love Doth Now Invite, John Dowland Book 1 Part 2, P.O & J.B.E., The Airs de Cour, A Concert of Early French Song for Voice and Lute, P.O.& J.B.E., España: The Golden Age, Spanish Songs & Romances from the Siglo de Oro and Beyond, P.O. & J.B.E.,The Dark is My Delight, Elizabethan and Jacobean Songs & Consorts, Peter Halifax, Julie Jeffrey, Shira Kammen & Pat O'Scannell, Santa Maria Strella do Dia, the Cantigas de Santa Maria GVMC Missa L'Homme Armé, The Armed Man GVMC, Before the Armada, Music of Spain and England Before 1588 GVMC, Alleluya Nativitas!, GVMC, Ladymass, The Messe de Nostre Dame by Guillaume de Machaut GVMC, The Wars of the Roses, Songs of Fealty and Devotion, GVMC, Herr Dowland, His Allemande, German Songs & English Dances Ensemble Fontegara Renaissance Recorders, Music of the Odhecaton: French Chanson of the Great Northern Masters, Ensemble Fontegara, The Music of Shakespeare's Contemporaries: Ensemble Fontegara, Before the Deluge, Shockingly Elegant Music from Marais to Rameau by way of Forqueray, Hallifax & Jeffrey, Traditional Songs, Tunes & Stories from Ireland and the British Isles, Kevin Carr & Pat O'Scannell, The English Viol: Fancies, Duo Jetté, Pat O'Scannell & Michal Palcewicz, Diego Ortiz: Virtuoso, Duo Jetté P.O. & M.P., Duo Jetté, a program of early 18th C. French music by Boismortier & L'Ainé, P.O. & M.P., The Queen's Noyse: Renaissance Wind Band music cornetto, sackbuts and shawm.,Mappamundi: A Musical Travelogue with Shira Kammen and Jim Oakden, Kevin Carr, Pat O'Scannell and the GVMC., Songs of the Sephardim, Shira Kammen, Pat O'Scannell, Lauren Pomerantz. Le Petites Concerts, Music of the French Baroque for two bass viols. Duo Jetté: P.O. & M.P.
Pat O’Scannell, Founder and Director
- Music Director and performer at the acclaimed Oregon Shakespeare Festival for over 25 years.
- Artistic Director of the award-winning Terra Nova Consort.
- Creator of numerous Renaissance and Medieval music programs.
- Producer of 17 recordings; two of them winning international recognition and released in 54 countries.
- Featured performer at by-invitation-only Festival: Tage Alter Musik (TAM) in Germany in 2000 and 2003, Mexico’s Festival Internacional Cervantino (2000-2007) and numerous others.
- Appearances on NPR worldwide, including Harmonia, West Coast Live, St. Paul Sunday, In the Mode, and others.
- Outstanding critical review in the San Francisco Chronicle, The Chicago Tribune, The Washington Post, The Boston Globe, The Portland Oregonian and other publications throughout the U.S., Europe, Australia, Canada and Mexico.
- Awards: 1999 Dorian-EMA International Recording Competition, 2000 & 2003 TAM and 1993 Millennium of Music.
No Events Found.