For over 30 years, Early Music America (EMA) has served as the service organization for the field of early music in North America. EMA fosters the performance, scholarship and community of early music through grants, awards, competitions, and festivals. Founded in 1985, EMA provides its over 2,000 members with publications, resources, advocacy, networking and an array of benefits including an online profile, membership directory as well as a subscription to EMAg, The Magazine of Early Music America.
EMA is currently going through a period of renewal and reevaluation of its programs, work methods, and practices, making it a very exciting time to be involved and have a hand in shaping the future of this important service organization. We are seeking an intern for the 2016-2017 calendar year that meets the following:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of Adobe Design Premium CS5 or higher (not required, but is a plus)
- Knowledge of Word Press and CIVI CRM (not required, but is a plus)
- An interest in marketing and development for small organizations
- Familiarity with social media platforms
- Creativity and flexibility
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and efficiently with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments
- Knowledge of early music appreciated, but not required
- *Must like dogs*
- Have at least 12-15 hours during regular business hours, per week, to devote to EMA
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate school in a related field
- Federal Work Study students welcome
Duties to include, but not limited to:
- Membership and development communication
- Design and analyze surveys on various subjects
- Manage various social media platforms
- Assess and improve EMA’s online presence
- Generate content for online newsletters, articles and website
- Assist in membership and donor event planning
- Assist Executive Dir, Membership Dir, PR & Marketing Manager and Special Projects Coordinator as needed
- General office tasks as needed
Internship Skills and Knowledge Attained:
- Membership Development & Donor Recruitment
- Database Management
- Arts Management
- Learn multiple communication platforms, including social media and marketing for non-profits.
To learn more: Call 412-642-2778 or visit www.earlymusicamerica.org
Please send a resume and cover letter to Ann Felter at firstname.lastname@example.org with “EMA Intern 2016-2017” in the subject line. Include in your cover letter: why this particular internship is of interest to you, what skills you will bring to the organization, and what skills you would like to enhance through this experience.
Applications accepted until position filled.