B’more Bach Ensemble plays the music of Bach and his contemporaries and is comprised of selected graduate (MM, GPD, and DMA) students from the school’s Historical Performance Department. Members all participate in the Peabody Renaissance Ensemble and/or the Baltimore Baroque Band and have performed professionally with ensembles such as American Bach Soloists, Apollo’s Fire/Cleveland Baroque Orchestra, Burning River Baroque, Mountainside Baroque, Michigan Bach Collective, Musica Spira, the Nashville Symphony, Tempesta di Mare/Philadelphia Baroque Orchestra, and the Washington Bach Consort.
2018 Festival Program: A program consisting of arias for soprano, duets for soprano and baritone, and trio and solo sonatas for baroque flute and violin with harpsichord and baroque cello continuo.
- Johann Sebastian Bach
- Sonata in B Minor, BWV 1030
- Largo e dolce
- Ich hatte viel Bekümmernis, BWV 21
- Georg Philipp Telemann
- Trietto No.1 in G major, TWV 42:G2
- Schwingt freudig euch empor, BWV 36
- Auch mit gedämpften, schwachen Stimmen
- Trio Sonata in E minor (Adapted from the Sonata in D minor for organ, BWV 527, by Richard Stone)
- Adagio (ma non tanto) e dolce