Welcome to March — otherwise known as Early Music Month — where our goal is to help the world become aware of the vitality of the early music community in North America.
Throughout these 31 days, Early Music America will do our part by shining a spotlight on individuals and organizations, concerts, lectures, play-days, workshops, and more throughout the early music community with daily entries at earlymusicamerica.org and on our social media outlets. You can help by sharing information with EMA about upcoming activities from your neck of the woods, along with any photos, accounts, or reviews afterwards with an email to David Wood at firstname.lastname@example.org. I have myself just discovered how easy it is to add the hashtag #earlymusicmonth to a post advertising a concert I’m playing in – which allows all of us to keep track of the many events taking place.
Take a look below at the many other ways you can help. But most of all, you help every day and every month by being an active member of EMA and a proponent of the value of performing, listening to, and thinking about early music!
Thanks so much!
Chair, Early Music Month Task Force
EMA Board of Directors
Below are a few of the ways you can help spread the word and get involved.
- Register as an Early Music Month partner and view the list of more than 320 individuals and organization partners
- Explore the more than 120 events on the Early Music Month Calendar and add your own
- Update your social media profile picture or cover image with our custom Twitter badge or Facebook frame
- Take a moment to follow us for the latest all month on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- And check out more Partner Resources
And remember, Early Music Month returns EVERY MARCH. It’s never too early to start planning for 2019!